Terms and Conditions
- HSW: Is an abbreviation of Hire Stem Women which is the legal company name.
- STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths
- Seekers: An Individual (GCSE/A-Level Students, Graduates & Under Graduates & Professional) who is looking for an apprenticeship, Graduate role or a professional role.
- US, We & Our: Hire STEM Women
- Contract: Legal Agreement between Hire STEM Women and Employer.
- Hired Fee: Fee which is applicable once the Employer hires a Seeker.
- You: Any person visiting the site
- Membership Fee: This is a yearly subscription for using the recruitment system
- Seeker Payment: Bonus payment, paid to the seeker on a successful hire
This website is operated by Hire STEM Women (HSW), a Limited company. Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Hire STEM Women, a recruitment website and service.
By visiting our site and engaging in our “Service” you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”, “Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. These Terms of Service apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/ or contributors of content.
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any services.
Any new features or tools which are added to the current website shall also be subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
- Any person who is signing the agreement has the authority to sign an official document and has the authority to personally get into an agreement or on behalf of the company.
- Employer must agree to keep all the information gained from the website confidential at all times, and adhere to the privacy and data protection laws.
- This agreement is subject to change at any time by HSW and the copy of the new terms & conditions will be updated on the website.
- As employers, you have the opportunity to find qualified Seekers talent in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths fields.
- You can send interview requests to the Seekers to invite them for an interview, once you do you are liable to tell us that you have made contact with the Seeker and if you go on to hire the Seeker you are again liable to tell us, once the Seeker is hired you will need to pay the Hired Fee which will be in accordance with the contract that you would have signed with US.
- It is the employer’s responsibility to do all the back ground checks before hiring any Seeker.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to accept or reject your registration to use our site and service. If your registration is accepted, you will be allowed to engage with, and make requests to prospective Seekers that have posted their profiles on HSW platform.
- The employer agrees not to attempt to circumvent our site and service independently attempting to communicate and hire the prospective employee through alternative means after discovering the prospective employee or our site or service.
- If an employer circumvents our site / service after discovering a prospective Seeker through our site or service and subsequently hires that prospective Seeker within 12 months of the date on which the employer first viewed the prospective Seeker on the site, the employer will pay a success fee equal to 30% of the 1st year base salary and HSW may in sole discretion terminate the employers account.
- Membership & Payments: Employers accepted into our membership programme, will be charged an agreed upon yearly membership fee. During the membership period, the employer will be able to browse, request, contact via the service and extend offers to prospective Seekers listed on our site and service. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, membership employers are required to notify HSW within 7 days once a prospective Seeker has accepted an offer and notify HSW the start date of the prospective Seeker. Membership employers will have to document an offer letter. The offer letter must state the compensation (salary) and commencement date. Within 7 days of the commencement date, a Hired Fee is payable to HSW. The membership employer will promptly notify HSW of any changes in the employment contract. Employers agree to pay the Hired Fee charged in accordance with the fees (refer to Employers Contract), charges and billing terms mentioned in the Contract in effect at the time the Hired fee is due and payable hereunder. By accepting HSW terms of service, employers agree that HSW is authorized to immediately withdraw success fees due from the bank account details provided by the Employer which is payable to HSW hereunder from employers bank account and that no additional notice or consent is required. Employer agrees to immediately notify HSW of any change in its billing address or any account information provided to HSW to use for payments.
- HSW reserves the right at any time to change its fees including to begin charging for services that it is currently providing free of charge, and billing methods, either immediately upon posting on the site or by email delivery to you.
- Employers are required to mention compensation, job role, and other company details when inviting Seekers to an interview
- Prospective You are of legal age to form a binding contract with HSW and if you are at school you have to have your parents or guardian’s permission by confirming the terms and conditions at the registration sign up process.
- Prospective Seekers have an opportunity to find a position with an employer with transparency as to role and compensation in each interview request.
- Prospective Seekers use of HSW is free and does not create any contractual obligations between the employer and the prospective Seeker.
- Registration: In registration for an account to the site, you agree to provide true, accurate, and complete information about yourself as prompted by the service registration form and maintain and promptly update the registration data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
- You are responsible for all activities that occur under your account. If you provide any content that is untrue inaccurate, not current or incomplete or HSW has reasonable grounds to suspect that such content is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, HSW has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the site and / or service.
- Seekers: Hire STEM Women (HSW) is an online recruitment service that connects prospective Seekers with employers through an interview request process. This is targeted for Seekers who study or work in relevant STEM fields.
- You agree to not create an account using a false identity or information or on behalf of someone other than yourself.
- You agree to not have more than one account.
- You agree to not create an account or use the site or service if you have been previously removed by HSW, or if you have been previously banned from the site or service.
- When registering with HSW, we may require you to provide us with information such as your name, email address, employment history, work experience, educational background, and skill set.
- You agree to provide us with any other identifying documents that we may request. We may also allow you to use a third party service such as LinkedIn to register. We will review all information that you provide to us during the registration process and we may also review the information that you provided us and any information that is publicly available. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion to accept or reject your registration to use our site and service. If your registration is accepted, you will be allowed to use our service.
- Responsibilities: You are responsible for your use of the site and service and for any use of the site or service made using your account. You agree not to access, copy or otherwise use the site or the service, including our intellectual property and trademarks, except as authorized by this agreement or as otherwise authorized in writing by HSW.
- Your continued access to our site and use of our service are contingent on your agreement to act in a proper manner.
- Once a prospective Seeker has registered and created their profile on HSW, they will be able to connect with employers and employers will then have the opportunity to engage with them. The prospective Seeker agrees not to attempt to circumvent our site and service by independently attempting to communicate with an employer that contacted or communicated with him or her on our site or service.
- HSW is free for prospective Seekers, however it is mandatory for a prospective Seeker to promptly notify HSW if any of the following has taken place:
- You have accepted an offer of employment, whether this is an indefinite or fixed term or any other type of employment
- If you are a prospective employee who is using our site / or service, you agree that if you receive an offer you shall promptly notify HSW of your start date and key terms of employment. If your start date changes you must notify HSW promptly of the amended start date or offer terms if they change at any time.
- You shall provide HSW the following:
- Fully executed covered offer letter.
- Or a document between the employer and Prospective Seeker that states the material employment terms, including other things such as start date, compensation, promptly upon the signing of an offer of employment.
- You will promptly notify HSW after termination of your employment as an employee. In the event that an employer terminates your employment within the probation period.
- You voluntarily terminated your employment within the probation period of your employment.
- In the event that before the start date, either employer or prospective Seeker elects not to begin the employment relationship as communicated by the cover offer, prospective Seeker shall promptly notify HSW and such prospective employee shall not be eligible for the related prospective Seeker payment.
- In the event that within the probation period of the date on which your Employment commenced an Employer terminates your Employment (other than as part of a redundancy) or you voluntarily terminate your Employment, and you have received the Prospective Seeker Payment, then HSW is entitled to the return of the Prospective Seeker Payment and you shall promptly return that Prospective Seeker Payment to HSW. The foregoing repayment amount is a debt immediately owed to HSW and the Prospective Employee will pay for any professional fees HSW incurs in enforcing such repayment obligation.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- HSW does not inquire into the backgrounds of its users or verify the information uploaded by them but we do reverse the right to perform background checks if needed.
- In order to use HSW as an employer, you must register and pay the appropriate fees to access the recruitment site / service.
- You are responsible for your use of the site and service and for any use of the site or service made using your account. You agree not to access, copy or otherwise use the site or the service, including our intellectual property and trademarks, except as authorized by this agreement or as otherwise authorized in writing by HSW.
- Always act Reasonably & Responsibly when using the website.
- After the employer’s registration has been approved by us and Membership Fee has been paid, the employer will be able to browse the prospective employees on our site. If an employer hires a prospective employee from our site, the employer will owe HSW a Fee (Hired Fee) which will be outlined in our contract with the Employer.
- HSW does not act as an agent, unless agreement has been made with the client where we shall offer additional services than what the site is serviced to do and that those Service(s) will have a fee.
- Prospective Seekers and Employers are solely responsible for any issues arising from the use of the HSW website, software or their use of the service.
- Any agreements created between an employer and prospective employee are not binding on US. We are not liable for, or obligated to enforce any agreements between an employer and a prospective employee. You will not consider HSW, nor will HSW be construed as a party to such transactions, whether or not HSW receives some form of remuneration in connection with the transaction, and HSW will not be liable for any costs or damages arising out of or related to such transactions.
- There are no contractual obligations created for either the prospective employee or employer through the use of the service.
- Limitations on liability: Via HSW site and services. Users of HSW may be able to post content about third parties. HSW is not liable to third parties for any content that has been posted or viewed on HSW site or service. HSW is not liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special exemplary, financial damages or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with the site and or service. HSW are not liable for any loss of use, data or profits or any damages or emotional distress arising out of in connection with this agreement or any form of communications, interactions or meetings with other users of the site or service.
- Intellectual Property Rights: The design of the Service along with all text, scripts, graphics, interactive features and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein ("Marks") as well as any software, executable code and interfaces comprised within or made available by or through the Service, are subject to copyright and/or other intellectual property rights that are owned by or licensed to HSW under United Kingdom and foreign laws and international conventions. HSW reserves all rights in and to the Service and the Site. You agree to not engage in the use, copying, or distributing of any content contained within the Site and/or Service except in accordance with the terms of this Agreement or in accordance with any other express written permission from us to you.
- Disclaimer of Warranties: The site and service are provided to you for your information only and subject to the restrictions detailed in these Terms and Conditions. To the fullest extent and permitted by law HSW excludes and limits any warranty that the:
A. The site or service will meet your requirements.
B. Your use of the site and or service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error free.
C. The results that may be obtained from use of the site or service will be accurate or reliable.
D. Any errors in the site or service will be corrected.
E. You Agree that you are solely responsible for all of your communications and interactions with other users of the site and or service.
- Indemnity: You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the HSW parties and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or dept and expenses (including but not limited to reasonable legal fees) arising from:
A. Your use of and access to the site and service.
B. Your breach of any term of this agreement.
C. Your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any intellectual.
D. Any amounts awarded against or required to be paid by the HSW Parties resulting from a finding by a court or tribunal of competent jurisdiction that the HSW Parties are employers or related employers of any Prospective Employee, contractor or consultant employed or retained by Employer; or
Any claim that any of the content caused damage to a third party.
E. This defence and indemnification obligation will survive this agreement and your use of the site and or service. You also agree that you have a duty to defend us against such claims. You agree that this indemnity extends to requiring you to pay for our reasonable legal, court, settlement and disbursements fees. You agree not to settle such claim on our behalf prior to obtaining our written consent.
- Copy Right: The material and content of our site and service are protected by UK and International copyright laws. You may not copy any form of information from the website.
- This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of UK. The English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising under or in connection with this Agreement.
- Where HSW requires that you provide an e-mail address, you are responsible for providing HSW with your most current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address you provided to Hired is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you any notices required or permitted by this Agreement,
- Non-waiver: No failure or delay by either party in exercising any of its rights or remedies under the Agreement shall operate as a waiver of those rights or remedies. No waiver shall be effective unless in writing and shall apply only in relation to the matter in respect of which it was specifically given. No waiver of any breach of the Agreement is a waiver of any subsequent or other breach.
- Termination: HSW reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to pursue all off its legal remedies, including but not limited to removal of the Content from the Site (permanently or temporarily) and/or terminate any Services provided to You by HSW upon any breach by you of this Agreement, or if HSW is unable to verify or authenticate any of the Content. If you wish to terminate this Agreement, you may do so by notifying HSW at any time and closing your account for the Service. Your notice should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Termination of the Agreement may result in the immediate removal from the Site of any Content that you have submitted to HSW. HSW will not have any liability whatsoever to you for any suspension or termination, including for deletion of the Content. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination including but not limited to, ownership provisions, Hired Fee provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- The Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to its subject matter. It replaces and extinguishes all prior agreements and discussions made by or on behalf of the parties, whether oral or written, with respect to such subject matter. Nothing in this clause shall exclude or restrict the liability of either party arising out of its pre-contract fraudulent misrepresentation or fraudulent concealment.
- Security & Passwords: In order to register with this site and to sign in when you visit the site, you will need to use a user name and password. You are solely responsible for the security and proper use of your password, which should be kept confidential at all times and not disclosed to any other person. You must notify us immediately if you believe that your password is known to someone else or if it may be used in an unauthorised way. We accept no liability for any unauthorised or improper use or disclosure of any password.